Winter hiking in Ontario means being prepared for a variety of conditions. We can’t just call it snowshoeing, even though it’s a large component of what we face.
Here’s our quick list of winter hiking gear. Missing something? Comment below.
• Insulated hiking boots
• Wool/blend socks (optional base layer socks)
• Insulated gators
• Soft-shell/mid layer pants
• Hard-shell/waterproof pants
• Base layer/long underwear
• Mid layer fleece jacket/vest
• Outer shell winter wind/waterproof jacket
• Water bottles
• Toque, mitts, and neck warmer (with back up pairs)
• Hiking poles